friends of st joseph's
Raising funds for St Joseph’s pupils in Education and Play
FOSJ are a small group of volunteers who organise events to raise money to buy items requested by pupils and staff which the school could otherwise not afford.
In the last few years we have spent:
- £440 on 2 football strips so our 2 teams no longer have to borrow from local clubs, enabling the pupils to feel proud to represent St Joseph’s in their school colours
- £2000 towards a new bicycle shelter, meaning more pupils and staff can cycle to school and leave their bicycles in a safe, dry area
- £270 for a science magnet used for specific science experiments
- £280 on a fridge freezer so the Food Tech students have more space to keep their ingredients and finished products fresh
- £195 on 5 midi usb-charged keyboards which are being used to help the GCSE music students with their studies
We also paid for ice pops for every pupil on sports day during our very hot summer.
In order to fund these items we relied on friends and family supporting our events including bingo, quizzes, horse racing and a lucky square game.
This year the pupils have requested more outside bins to use at lunchtime and also basketball posts. The posts cost £1200 so our aim is to raise this money over the next year and hope to buy them for September. We have already agreed to pay for more bins from our current available funds.
We have also agreed to buy new science equipment and headsets for ICT as requested by teachers.
FOSJ committee thank pupils, parents and staff for being involved with raising funds for the benefit of St Joseph’s School Community.
If you would like to be involved in any capacity please contact Mrs Pearson via firstname.lastname@example.org.