South Wilts Grammar School, Continuing Collaboration
St Joseph’s is delighted to announce that our collaborative partnership with South Wilts Grammar School is continuing and being consolidated this academic year 2019-20, with further opportunities for our learners to share curriculum enrichment opportunities and for both schools’ staff to benefit from each other’s knowledge and expertise.
Plans for 2019-20 include:
- The continuation of the popular ROC Stars programme, with successful SWGS Sixth Form students delivering fast paced and interactive revision skills sessions for Year 10 St Joseph’s students
- Year 7 Literary Festival visit to South Wilts for an author’s talk;
- Collaboration with regard to provision for our higher attaining pupils, particularly at KS4
- Continuing ICT and STEM enrichment activities
- Opportunities for subject liaison, visits and staff training
In the last academic year, 23 of our Year 10 students also enjoyed a Sixth Form taster afternoon at South Wilts, and we are looking forward to welcoming their Head of Sixth Form to St Joseph’s later in the term.