South Wilts Grammar School
St Joseph’s is delighted to announce that our collaborative partnership with South Wilts Grammar School is continuing for this academic year, with further opportunities for our learners to share curriculum enrichment opportunities and for both schools’ staff to benefit from each other’s knowledge and expertise.
Previous projects have included:
- The continuation of the popular ROC Stars programme, with successful SWGS Sixth Form students delivering fast paced and interactive revision skills sessions for Year 10 St Joseph’s students
- Year 7 Literary Festival visit to South Wilts for an author’s talk;
- Collaboration with regard to provision for our higher attaining pupils, particularly at KS4
- Continuing ICT and STEM enrichment activities
- Opportunities for subject liaison, visits and staff training
Salisbury School Book Awards
Every year, several schools in the Salisbury area work together to run the Salisbury Schools’ Book Awards. Librarians from each of the schools shortlist a total of six books, and a group of pupils from each school reads them all and votes for their favourite. The schools then take it in turns to host a special event with a visit from a shortlisted author to announce the winner of this year’s award.
It's a great way to encourage young people to read books they usually wouldn't choose, and for some, it ignites a new passion for reading.
- Click here to see a list of all SSBA shortlisted books, and which school hosted each year
- Click here to read about our visit to see the winner of the 2019 award, M. A. Bennett at Godolphin School in October 2021
- Click here to read about St Joseph's turn to host, and our visit from shortlisted author Kirsty Applebaum in April 2022