Published April 29, 2022
Every week, our staff send in their submissions for the Happiest Minute of the Week. These can be anything from a whole class behaving well, to the small and kind gestures that make someone’s day!
All of these Happiest Minutes are then presented to the whole school every Friday by Mr Ford and Mr Bartel in the weekly rewards raffle.
As part of our ethos here at St Joseph’s, we love to share kindness, gratitude and positivity. So without further ado, here are this week’s nominations for Happiest Minute of the Week!
Happiest Minutes of the Week
- Well done to all the Year 11s that attended Easter revision sessions, particularly those who managed two or more. Special mention to AK who attended a session every day.
- Thanks also to all the teachers who ran sessions, they are great and much appreciated!
- Shout out to Mrs Fenwick and Sue Glover for Mock Interview Day, and huge congratulations to Year 10s for acquitting themselves very well and giving the best impression of themselves. The employers were very impressed!
- Year 10 English warriors need a mention please: LL, DA, JS, TH (10V), AD, AF (10F), JW, CB, HD, HD (10M), RH, NH (10T) – they have been utterly brilliant and worked really hard.
- HZ (7M) for handing in a locker key he had found in the canteen.
- To All of Year 10 for being absolutely amazing on Mock Interview Day. Our interviewers were blown away with our pupils and would have employed them! Well done everyone – I was so proud of how mature you all were and the positivity you came out of your interview with – your next interview will be a breeze!!
- All staff involved in supporting 11F, Year 11 and the rest of my teaching groups this week. Hugely appreciated.
- NN from Year 7 winning last night (Thursday evening) woman’s golf competition, hitting the golf ball the furthest (105+ yards!), and beating two of the pro women attending the event. She is truly amazing!
- Mrs Lowe for achieving her best time yet in her lunchtime jog this week!
- MR (10F) for her excellent attitude to learning and great start in History.
- BR (9T) for his continued hard work and motivation in History resulting in an assessment piece an amazing 4 levels above target!
- KW (8V), RT (8M), CN (8F) and CFB (8T) for their settled start back into Science lesson.
- All of 7C Science for embracing their new topic of Human reproduction and being very mature when using words such as penis, vagina, cervix and testicle.
- DS (10M) and LH (10T) for looking very smart in their correct uniform on Thursday.
- AM (8T) reacting to the news that he had PSHE instead of Science P2 this morning: “Oh my gosh, the Heavens have spoken to me!”
- CK (11F) – blocking and spiking at the net was fierce on Thursday morning.
- PS (7M) for his consistent and brilliant attitude to work in Religious Education.
- RJ (9F) for her excellent understanding of the function of prayer for believers.
- GB (8F) for recently winning a national Street Dance Competition. Congratulations!