Published March 11, 2022
Every week, our staff send in their submissions for the Happiest Minute of the Week. These can be anything from a whole class behaving well, to the small and kind gestures that make someone’s day!
All of these Happiest Minutes are then presented to the whole school every Friday by Mr Ford and Mr Bartel in the weekly rewards raffle.
As part of our ethos here at St Joseph’s, we love to share kindness, gratitude and positivity. So without further ado, here are this week’s nominations for Happiest Minute of the Week!
Happiest Minutes of the Week
- AR (7T) and SR (7M) for offering to sort out the resources after our crazy History question race thereby saving me lots of time. Super kind and helpful – thank you.
- Please can I have a huge shout out to the year 11 food class who absolutely smashed it with their practical cook, and all achieved a higher grade than their target! CA, TJ, IK, JK (11F), BC, MF (11V) , WF, CF, RH, OJ, LR (11T), OH, CW, CR, and CW (11M).
- Mr Bartel, Mrs Snell, Miss Clark, Mrs Evans, Miss McFarlane, and Mrs Jackson for their enthusiastic participation in the Big Sleep & their fundraising efforts! All 50 Big Sleepers (even those who talked til 4:30am!)
- The brilliant car washers this week (we scrub so that you can shine!) MH, JH, LR (11T), JG, CA (11F), SW, AK (11V), LP, SW (10M), and TS (10T).
- 7D Spanish – fabulous participation: RA (7F), ZA (7T), KC, RS (7V), AF, and PS (7M).
- JB (9V) for offering to carry boxes and help Mrs Sanders unprompted Thursday morning – she was really grateful.
- TB (8F) for excelling in her first ever History assessment and being an excellent student.
- Reception Team for being wonderful at all times without fail!
- Year 7 for excellent participation in lessons and answers to class questions: KA, FA, CF, BJ, UO, AR, LW (7T), ZB, EG, JJ, BL, AM, CM, NO, SRG, GRS, JR, ES, CW (7M), AK, JL, ER, TT (7F), and SP (7V).
- Year 8 for great contributions to discussions on Forces and Movement: AA (8T), EB, GP, KR (8M), TC, BC, AH, SS (8F), RA, TS, and JT (8V).
- Year 9 Excellent effort on Seneca in their Science lesson on Thursday: LW (9M) and VG (9V).
- TCY (10V) for continuing to make a really positive effort in Science despite any difficulties. A total star!!
- Year 11 for a really excellent positive attitude to revision for their mocks in Science: PF (11M) IG (11M) OJ (11T), KJ (11F), CN (11T), JP (11M), SR (11F), LR (11M), and ES (11M).
- RA (9V) for always helping with reasons to love languages, and never running out of reasons.
- DBL (11F) for great passion towards helping others.
- GG (11F) for always saying good morning/hello so heartedly.
- IK (11F), RH (11T) for great lemon meringue pie as part of their food tech exam.
- SR (10F), BW (10V), and HG (10F) for amazing effort in their French speaking assessment.
- TO (7V) for giving me regular updates on his clumsy day on Wednesday.
- SW (11F) for his kind words.
- JB (9M) for telling me I am above average.
- Well done to TC and SS (8F) for their brilliant Winter Olympics posters.
- A massive well done to KS (11M) and SR (11F) for finishing their choreography ready for their dance assessment and for using the time gained to help others in the class. You’re both amazing!
- Mrs Maher for excellent use of the shovel!
- Please shout out the whole class! Year 11 Separate Science for literally shouting out when my jumper caught fire off a very naughty Bunsen burner lurking in the background!!? Also wishing them well for all their mocks and especially MINE starting next week.
- OK, MS (9F), and KR (9V) for great vaulting.
- AT (10T) for a near perfect assessment in RE.
- RH (10T) for being a great member of our school community.
- Mr Ford for his forgiving attitude towards Mr Valjak when he mistakenly took the remote for the projector from R28 this week.
- DS (10M) and CG (10F) for their outstanding last minute ultimate frisbee performance to win the game! The whole group were great in truth!
- ZB (7M) for helping another pupil who was struggling in PE.
- Mrs Snell for giving me a nice new desk that can fit 4 computers on it.
Thanks everyone for such a great week!