Published June 24, 2022
Yesterday was the last time that all of Year 11 were present in school at the same time. Their five-year journey with us has flown by and had a very eventful two-year period in the middle! I can still remember their Induction Day and Evening all those years ago – fresh faced and innocent-looking. They’ve certainly blossomed over the years and become a resilient and confident group of young adults. And most pleasing is that 99% of the time, they minded their manners and did their best! We’ll see you all at Prom next week.
Summer PE Clubs
The summer PE extra-curricular clubs are proving incredibly popular. This week has seen bumper turnouts for tennis and cheerleading! I’m hoping that the cheerleading squad will do a performance at Sports Day!
Social Media and Mental Health
This link highlights outcomes of a longitudinal survey by Bristol University, focussing on social media and mental health. The 5 tips they offer are clear and apt reminders around safer use, too.
We’re currently exploring getting a defibrillator in school. Watch this space for news on the type we’ll get and also fundraising efforts towards it!
Invitations for the Celebrations Evenings will be sent out next week. We can’t wait to welcome you back through the school doors for the first time in two years (and for some of you, for the first time ever!)
All evenings will be scheduled during the week commencing Monday 11th July.
Last week, I mentioned that the enrichment booklet would be published for you and your children to browse through and select the experiences they want to get involved in during our enrichment days. Unfortunately, a technical hitch has put the release of the booklet back until the beginning of next week. Apologies for the delay, but as the saying goes, ‘good things come to those who wait!’
Coming up next week:
- Years 7-9 – End-of-year exams continue
- Year 10 – Work experience week
- Good luck to all those who have secured a placement and are off out to experience the world of work!
- For those remaining in school, you’ll now be aware of the enterprise projects that you’ll be involved in on Monday & Tuesday and also your role as guides and assistants at the taster day on Wednesday!
- Year 5 Taster Day
- Wednesday 29th June sees us welcome over 260 year 5 pupils to our school – our biggest ever taster day and we’ve had to close bookings as we’ve reached capacity!
- Year 11 Prom
- Thursday 30th June at Salisbury Racecourse – time to dust down the glad rags!
Achievement Points Race
No change on the leaderboard!
- 1st place: Margaret with 52,356 points
- 2nd place: Teresa with 48,386 points
- 3rd place: Vincent with 46,817 points
- 4th place: Francis with 42,035 points
Have a lovely weekend!