Published March 24, 2023
What a week that was! Packed full of opportunities and experiences for our children! We started the week with a St Joseph’s Day mass to mark our saint’s feast day! We also had Year 10 taking part in workshops on CV and cover letter writing in preparation for their mock interview day coming up shortly and we had the school photographer in taking pictures of our outgoing Year 11s and sports teams from across the school!
Tuesday was a very active day for the Chaplaincy council too – they were busy putting prayers from around the forms on our Easter cross in the canteen and they also took all the donations to Salisbury Foodbank in the afternoon. In total nearly 80kg of food was donated – thank you once again for your generosity!
Tuesday was also a very busy day of sports with gym club and badminton club happening after school whilst the Year 9 football team hosted Bishops Wordsworth school. We lost the first half, but after some tactical tweaks we came out much stronger and won the second half – definitely something to build on for future fixtures!
The sports continued on Wednesday with the Year 11 rugby team joining forces with some player from Stonehenge as they played against Wyvern St Edmunds and Trafalgar in a mini tournament held at Salisbury Rugby Club.
In line with our literacy drive this year, we were delighted to be able to take 15 pupils to South Wilts Grammar School to take part in the Salisbury School’s Book Awards where they met author Patrice Lawrence, listened attentively to a talk, and were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to receive signed copies of a book!
Later on Wednesday, we reconnected with our Year 9 parents on the virtual parents evening – it was great to talk so positively about their start to their GCSEs and to discuss future progress.
On Thursday our Year 11 GCSE dance pupils impressed Mrs Blake as she filmed their final routines and dances. Their application and effort was excellent and we’re hoping that this will be rewarded accordingly!
Spurgeons Wiltshire Children’s Centre Sessions – free of charge!
Please click here to see the programme of courses on offer – these include:
- Five to Thrive
- Healthy Eating
- Book Start
- Ready to Start School
- …amongst many others!
Year 11 Easter Revision Sessions
Please visit our website for details of subjects offering a revision session and times of said sessions. These have been emailed out to parents and are also present on our website here.
Coming Up Next Week
Chaplaincy council will be running a Stations of the Cross prayer walk around the school once a day Monday 27th – Thursday 30th March
Monday 27th March:
- BTEC Year 11 are off timetable for P5 and 6, to complete 1st Assessment Session of Component 3.
- Year 11 Intervention: French & Spanish
Tuesday 28th March:
- Assembly: Year 7 & 8 Easter Liturgy
- A minibus of pupils in Y8 & 9 to Arts University Bournemouth to look at Careers in the Creative Arts industry
- Year 9 group for Project Rejuvenate out all day
- Lunch: KS3 Chaplaincy Council, 4B KS4 Chaplaincy Council in Rm25
- HW Club after school
- After school Year 7 & 8 football club
- Year 11 Intervention: English
Wednesday 29th March:
- Assembly: Yr9&10 Easter Liturgy
- Year 7 & 8 Basketball in hall before school
- HW Club after school
- Year 9 & 10 football club after school
- Gym Club – hall
- Year 11 Intervention: ICT
Thursday 30th March:
- Before school: HW Club
- Assembly: Yr11 Easter Liturgy
- AM Reg: year 8 Reading Intervention in the library
- Yr10 BTEC students are off timetable for P1-4, for their 1st Assessment Session for Component 1.
- Table Tennis before school – hall
- Year 11 Intervention: PD & Music
Friday 31st March:
- Distribution of Progress Reports
- Awards Assemblies
- Easter Quiz
- Year 11 Dance off!
- School finishes at 12:15pm – buses and taxis have been informed
Achievement Points Race
- 1st Place – Margaret House with 26,490 points
- 2nd Place – Vincent House with 24,923 points
- 3rd Place – Teresa House with 23,735 points
- 4th Place – Francis House with 22,328 points
Have a lovely weekend!