Published March 10, 2023
Today was all about the Big Sleep! We’ve done some great fundraising today – all led by our army of Big Sleepers. It’s a real source of pride to see our pupils embrace these opportunities to make a difference to peoples’ lives – they really are living out the values of our school. We had a very popular tuck shop, delicious bake sales (I’ll not need to eat for a week!) and a super competitive beat the goalie!
Thank you to all our amazing pupils for leading these initiatives and for doing your bit to make a difference! In total we have 62 pupils and 9 staff sleeping rough tonight in the Cloisters at the Cathedral – the biggest number we’ve ever taken and the largest group there on the night! Good luck to you all!
Local Authority Visit
This week also saw us welcome the Local Authority on Monday; they came and visited lessons, looked through books and held meetings with many staff. We’re very happy that they left with a smile on their face (unsurprisingly!) and were very complimentary of the good practise happening across school.
We’ve added some videos to our website to help support our Year 11 parents in the build-up to the final GCSEs. There are five videos in total and they are designed to help parents with study skills and having effective conversations with your children. The sessions include:
- Effective Revision Techniques
- How the Teenage Brain Works and What This Might Mean for Revision
- Myths about Revision
- Things to Avoid Saying to your Child During Revision
- Getting Organised – Revision Timetables and Flashcards
We hope you find them useful! You can find them at the bottom of the following page on our website: https://sjcs.org.uk/revision/
Coming Up Next Week
- Year 11 Intervention: French & Spanish
- Lunch: KS3 Chaplaincy Council, 4B KS4 Chaplaincy Council
- HW Club after school
- After school Year 7 & 8 football club
- Intervention: English & Food Tech
Wednesday & Thursday:
- Industrial Action Days – school open for vulnerable pupils and Year 11 only.
- PSHE Fri P1 – Year 10 : Talk by Adam MacMillan-Scott (Join the Dots Coaching) on the importance of Applying for a Job / Interview Techniques / Writing a CV & Covering Letter and a general look at the world of work from an employers’ perspective in preparation for Mock Interview Day.
- AM Reg: Year 7 Reading Intervention in the library
- Breaktime: Inclusivity Alliance – All pupils welcome
- Year 9 Basketball Hall (DBA)
Coming Up Later This Term
Wednesday 22nd March – Year 9 Parents Evening – 4:30-7:00pm please book online appointments here https://saintjosephs.schoolcloud.co.uk/
Last week of term – progress reports for all year groups
Achievement Points Race
- 1st Place: Margaret House – 25,218 points
- 2nd Place: Vincent House – 23,773 points
- 3rd Place: Teresa House – 22,433 points
- 4th Place: Francis House – 20,660 points
Have a lovely weekend!