Published January 28, 2021
Every week, our staff send in their submissions for the Happiest Minute of the Week. These can be anything from a whole class behaving well, to the small and kind gestures that make someone’s day!
All of these Happiest Minutes are then presented to the whole school every Friday by Mr. Ford and Mr. Bartel in the weekly rewards raffle.
As part of our ethos here at St Joseph’s, we love to share kindness, gratitude and positivity. So without further ado, here are this week’s nominations for Happiest Minute of the Week!
Happiest Minutes of the Week
A big shout out to all of you who have tolerated, helped and been superbly kind to the many staff that have covered lessons for your normal teachers this week.
Also, a very sincere thank you to all the staff that have taken on the large amounts of cover and delivered those lesson superbly in challenging circumstances.
- RA (8V) for showing kindness and compassion to all in her Sports Ed team.
- JS (9T) has worked really hard in his Maths lessons and did exceptional work in his test. Well done.
- SW (10T) for creating amazing revision notes for maths test.
- LP (10M), TS, NT (10T), JW (10F) and NT (10T) – all four students produced fantastic tests on graphs – very well done to all of them!
- Mrs Reynolds and Mrs Snell for helping so readily when I asked to borrow items.
- Mr Morris for all the running around this week.
- SM (8T) for helping a pupil who was feeling unwell.
- LM (10M), EB (10T), NT (10T), SP (10F) for great effort in the speaking competition, they did themselves and SJCS very proud.
- RH (11T) and IK (11F) for offering to carry the snacks for Thursday’s revision session, HE (9T) for doing the right thing even in an awkward situation.
- Mrs Fenwick and Miss Clark for being wonderful!
- Ms Shuttleworth 11T, Mr Monk 9T, and Mrs Bowman for their hedgehog rescuing this morning! Hopefully more successful than NS and Mr Bartel’s attempt last time round.
- JO (7T), WW (7V), DB (7V) EO (7F) for their efforts to create solid warm up and circuit training routines.
- Year 9 Flag Ball – even K despite getting upset by the rules. But especially CL (9F) showing serious pace and footwork and FH (9M) with outstanding tail grabbing capabilities
- Year 10 computer science class who have this week mastered a very difficult topic and shown the ability to teach someone else.
- Miss Marshall’s English class for their stunning observations on the qualities of different colours.
- Mr Rooney needs his own supply of lollies for his nominations this week…
- For excellent and thoughtful contributions to RE lessons this week: MW, FP (11M), MF (11V), GG, EN (11F)
- Brilliant participation in Spanish lessons this week: FI (7V), FM, AG (7M), FJ, JW (7T), ER, LC, IH (7F)
- Excellent contributions to RE revision this week: EL, HD, MW (10M), WM, AC (10T), AF (10F), EF (10V).
- AW (10M) for his excellent application of RE knowledge in lessons.
- RH (10T) for allowing Mr Valjak to win in arm wrestling.
- Shout out Miss Maher for being an amazing HoD during a stressful week full of team absence! We appreciate her hard work getting everything sorted.
- FS (9V) for being super kind and helpful by helping to tidy up the classroom without being asked.
- AG, RH, PH, CJ, and CF, and all of 11T for volunteering to litter pick and doing an amazing job and collecting a shed load!
- HW, AT, EC and EN, and all 11T for fully embracing their PSHE lesson and making tasty cakes for the birds!
- EN (11T) for a really enjoyable grown-up chat with me last fresh air Friday. Thank you.
- ER (7F) for his effort during the New Forest Trip, working with others and giving everything a go. Absolute ninja with a flint and steel. Can’t wait to have some more adventures with you.
- SW (11F) for brilliant design work and models in his after school catch up session. Well done!
- Well done to all our year 7 dancers. They produced amazing performances today and made our dance lessons a lot of fun!
- Amazing work from my Y10 dancers in their latest theory assessment. Special mention to TD (10T) who has made excellent progress this term.
- SP (7V) Had a very enquiring mind, asked what Sociology was, then sat a sociology paper on Crime, a genuine GCSE test and got a grade 3. Mr Coultas-Pitman looks forwards to you leading sociology in 2 years time!
- CF (10F) for an outstanding observational drawing. Twitter worthy!
JPB (Year 10)
- Big shout out and happy birthday for tomorrow to my little brother Aidan. Hope you have a great day.
Thanks to everyone for another excellent week!